Studying law offers an immense opportunity to develop a range of skills in the legal field wherein you explore many hidden aspects of human life. It gives powering a chance to sharpen your mind by taking practical legal cases; it also strengthens your understanding and deepens your abilities to find decisions correctly by scrutinizing the case. LLB course, therefore, appeals the most to those who want to develop a change in society and make a difference. It enhances both abstract thinking and practical problem-solving.
A law degree can give you all these adequate skills to be a successful lawyer in the near future. It gives intellectual strength combined with a practical approach to the world. The Bachelor of Legislative Law typically is profoundly made in 3 years divided into six semesters. The students in the LLB course start with the basics of law and then gradually move into important concepts like constitutional law, family law, jurisprudence, IPC, CrPC, the law of contracts, etc. As a part of the course, students are also provided or suggested to undertake internships or training sessions at any reputed law firms or in some corporate organizations and courts to advance their knowledge and actual experiences of the legal profession.
Advantages of Doing LLB Degree
- • A well-off profession for life – Many courses empower students and in fact their parent’s life after they do LLB and become a lawyer. Students can also mix law and non-legal degrees by pursuing business or accounting post-graduation if interested.
- • Loads of job opportunities – Being a lawyer after completing a law degree students get easily hired by firms and companies. But some potential candidates look for various new fields such as media, academics, commerce and industry, social work, politics, and more.
- • Creates Financial Security – once you obtain a law degree in LLB course from a reputed college then money and salary are guaranteed right after graduating. This professional and powerful title allows a person to enjoy job security, government amenities, and facilities, along with other advantages like a higher salary compared to those who do not.
- • Enhances analytical & critical skills – The knowledge and skills acquired in the study of law enable students to analyze both sides of complex situations or problems and to make solid decisions with their reasoning and critical thinking.
- • Power in hands – You can have a strong sense of justice and wish to improve the disability in the system. Studying law gives you the power to make that valuable change in society.
Types of LLB Courses
Before the universities and education authorities build the 5-year integrated law program, there was only a 3-year LLB course which was the default and only option for law aspirants. It came with six semesters in total.
Nowadays, students who are graduates are able to opt for the typical 3-year LLB program which is almost forgotten. This is however offered by most and many of the prominent and not-so prominent universities. As Indian education system accepts these degrees.
Yes, 4-year LLB programs also do exist, not likely in India but aboard for sure! It is offered by some colleges in the UK and Canada. In this case, the LLB course is combined with any other additional subjects for another next year to complete the four. The subject combination can be law and politics, law and human rights, and so on.
Eligibility Criteria of LLB Programme
The eligibility criteria of LLB may vary or sometimes match across colleges. It is really relevant that the candidate should know the criteria beforehand because otherwise their application can be disqualified. Here are some points relating to eligibility criteria.
- • Qualifying exam:
Since 3-year LLB is a law course which is by default offered after graduation. So candidates must have passed a graduate degree from a recognized & valuable institute or a university from any discipline.
- • Minimum marks in qualifying exam:
The minimum marks may vary, as some colleges demand 50%, while others require only 45%. In some public law colleges, there is some marks relaxation as well for reserved category candidates.
- • Age limit:
This course has no upper age limit for those who want to pursue it.
- • Other cases:
Candidates who are currently in their final year or in the last semester during their graduation course can also apply and appear for the law degree entrance exams.
The Integrated School of Law of INMANTEC is affiliated with Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut, and approved by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi. The primary focus of ISL is to equip the law pursuant with a quality professional degree along with preparing them for real-world legal affairs.ISL readily caters to the requirements of Law aspirants from the National Capital Region and other contiguous areas.