The IT lab at INMANTEC promisingly comes into view as an advanced learning centre by using new technologies.
On conceding the significant task of IT in education and research activities, the institute has established a large Computer Laboratory with hi-speed Internet facility inside the campus, accessible to all the students. All machines are networked with all modern software and linked with high speed internet connectivity.
The whole campus has the Wi-Fi facility. Anyone can access 24-hour Internet facility in the campus. The singular aim is not only to match up with the current trend of adopting sophistication in the learning process but also to release and carry across rapid information to INMANTECites.
We have deployed state of the art ncomputing devices in our lab with Ubuntu 12.04(Linux) operating system to match the trends in technology. The configuration of our lab is:-
- Deployed 30 L230 Virtual Desktop thin client machines with networking capabilities.
- A Linux Ubuntu 12.04 Server with 12 GB of RAM, 500 GB of Hard disk on IBM X3400M3 Model.
- With USB mouse and keyboard as peripheral devices.
- Applications installed are Mysql Server, Apache, Libre Office, Mozilla firefox, Google Chrome, Eclipse for Java and Android.
Some of our salient features of our ICC Infrastructure are:-
- Fully Wi-Fi networked Campus with dedicated 32 Mbps.
- Within the Campus, anytime and anywhere access to all online resources of the institute.
- Well-equipped computer lab with Microsoft Dreamspark.
- Licensed Software and Open Source Software.
- Separate lab for Internet with 24 hours leased-line Internet connectivity up to 8 Mbps.
- Separate Computer Architecture & Organization Lab and Digital Electronics Lab.
- Language Lab for spoken English.